nd.gov - The Official Portal for North Dakota State Government
Complaint Process

State Designated by HUD as a State Administrative Agency For Manufactured (Mobile) Homes

Effective May 9, 2003, the State of North Dakota became the 38th state to be designated by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development as a State Administrative Agency (SAA). The designation is for "conditional" approval, which means that the state's role will be limited to receiving and processing consumer complaints about construction related problems.

If you have a construction or installation related complaint about a manufactured (mobile) home, complete and submit the Manufactured Home Complaint Form (SFN 53819) to the Division of Community Services.  We will forward the complaint to the appropriate parties. Together they will be responsible for verifying the existence of a problem and determining responsibility for resolving the problem.

North Dakota does not have a Dispute Resolution Program. The Dispute Resolution Program is administered by HUD.  

The HUD Manufactured Home Dispute Resolution Program (DRP) provides timely resolution of disputes between manufacturers, retailers and installers when the parties cannot agree on a solution to a construction and/or safety defect with a manufactured home. To learn which states have a dispute resolution program administered by HUD, and how to submit a request for dispute resolution, visit the HUD Manufactured Home DRP website at www.huddrp.net.

For more information about the program, contact Rory Hoffmann at (701) 486-3330.

Manufactured Home Complaint (SFN53819)
File Size: 145 kb

Business Development Main Street