The CDBG Program provides financial assistance to eligible units of local Governments in the form of grants and loans for Public Facilities, Housing Rehabilitation and Economic Development projects. The primary beneficiaries of these projects must be very low and low income individuals. Examples of projects funded by CDBG in the respective emphasis areas are:
Eligible projects must also be consistent with at least one of the program's national objectives:
- Housing - housing rehabilitation of very low and low income homeowner units and rental units within a particular area.
- Public Facilities - water and sewer projects, removal of architectural barriers, fire halls, ambulances, etc.
- Economic Development - cities and counties receive funds to loan/grant to businesses which create jobs for low income persons.
- Benefit low and moderate income persons.
- Aid in the prevention or elimination of slums or blight.
- Activities designed to meet community development needs having a particular urgency.
To Apply for a CDBG Grant
To apply for funding, applicants must contact the Regional Council in their area.
Contains information about the State's CDBG Program
2016 CDBG Program Distribution Statement
2015 CDBG Program Distribution Statement
2014 CDBG Program Distribution Statement
2014 CDBG Program Distribution Statement Substantial Amendment
2013 CDBG Program Distribution Statement
2012 CDBG Program Distribution Statement
CDBG Administrative Manual - Assists grantees in implementing their respective grants in complying with federal regulations.
CDBG Guide to National Objectives and Eligible Activities - Provides information on national objectives and eligible activities for the State CDBG program. It also provides an overview of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974.
Citizen Participation Plan (SFN52662) - Provides the citizens of North Dakota with the opportunity to participate in the planning and preparation of the Consolidated Plan.