The Community Development Programs within the Division of Community Services include:
- Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program - provides funds for a wide range of activities that are focused on improving the quality of life of North Dakota residents. The CDBG Program, delivered through the eight Regional Councils, can be used to develop housing, infrastructure and economic development projects.
- Community Development Block Grant Disaster Relief - funding from U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development for disaster relief.
- Domestic Violence Shelter Grant (DVSG) - The Domestic Violence Shelter Grant is a state program designed to provide grants to domestic violence sexual assault organizations.
- Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) Program - provides funds to private nonprofit organizations and units of general purpose local government providing services to individuals and households who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- HOME Program - delivered through the seven Community Action Agencies, can be used for housing development and housing related needs.
- Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) - provides funds to purchase foreclosed or abandoned homes and to rehabilitate, resell, or redevelop these homes in order to stabilize neighborhoods and stem the decline of house values.
- North Dakota Homeless Grant Program (NDHG) - provides funds to private nonprofit organizations and units of general purpose local government providing services to individuals and households who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless.
- Renaissance Zone Program - used to improve the vitality of a community through additional renovation and development.